Team UltraLadies Coaching Service
by Nancy Shura-Dervin
Trail Run Events, LLC
Team UltraLadies Coaching
Team UltraLadies Coaching (ULC) is a program that specializes in the development of the distance runner. ULC is designed for runners who are training for long distance events, including marathons and ultra marathons. Don’t let the name fool you; UltraLadies Coaching is for UltraLadiesMen too!
ULC partners with you to help develop and achieve your personal running goals whether to finish your first ultra marathon or to improve your performance at a particular distance. The program provides the fundamentals of endurance training while understanding that successful distance running incorporates psychological components that may hinder or enhance physical performance. ULC will address base training and build up for events, strength and speed development, cross training, pacing and race tactics, and the recovery period. An important component of Nancy’s coaching style is to develop strategies for empowering you to become the athlete you were meant to be.
~ Runner Assessment
~ Sports Psychology
~ Goal Setting (short term and long term)
~ Weekly Evaluations of Training Results
~ Training Plan Development
~ Post-Event Assessment
~ Training and Racing Strategies
~ Recovery Plan
Nancy Shura-Dervin holds a California state nursing license. Her first career was as a groundbreaking educator, coach and motivational speaker in the field of natural childbirth in Los Angeles for 25 years, where she combined physical, mental and emotional strategies to help women accomplish enhanced birth experiences. Nancy has been a distance runner for the last 22 years and has finished more than 100 races of distances from the marathon to 100+ mile races. In 1995, Nancy turned her skills and talents toward runners and became founder and coach for the UltraLadies Running Club that specializes in helping runners transition from shorter races to distance running.
Nancy is an RRCA (Road Runners Club of America) Certified Running Coach and is owner/race director of Trail Run Events, LLC that produces annual trail runs in the Los Angeles area including the Valley Crest Half Marathon on historic Mulholland Drive and the Bulldog 50K/25K Trail Runs. In 2003, Nancy became the first person documented to qualify for and complete the two most prestigious foot races in the world, in the same year; the Boston Marathon and the Badwater 135 Mile Ultra-Marathon.
Through UltraLadies, Nancy has helped hundreds of runners accomplish their long distance running goals. ULC services include:
• An initial Assessment
• Development of a customized Training Plan
• Weekly or bi-weekly email coaching follow up
• Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly 30-minute phone coaching sessions
UltraLadies Coaching Plans:
• Plan A: ($150/Once) Consultation and Training Plan Development: Includes Initial Runner Assessment; 16 to 26-Week Training Plan Development; one 30-Minute Telephone Follow-up.
• Plan B-1: ($100) Includes (4) 30-Minute Telephone Consultations, unlimited email follow ups; This is a follow-up to Plan A.
• Plan B-2: ($290) Includes (12) 30-Minute Telephone Consultations, unlimited email follow ups; This is a follow-up to Plan A.
• Plan B-3: ($560) Includes (24) 30-Minute Telephone Consultations, unlimited email follow ups; This is a follow-up to Plan A.
Please make payments to:Back to coach corner articles index page
Trail Run Events, LLC
PO Box 17900
Encino, CA 91416
Payments may also be made online at Active.com.